These oat biscuits are crispy on the outside and soft in the centre and I just made a batch of these for the summer holidays. I keep them in the fridge and they stay fresh and tasty for a few weeks.
The freeze dried raspberries are my favourite ingredient in this biscuit because not only do they add a delicate raspberry flavour in every bite, but the tiny specks of dark pink that they leave in the biscuit look rather eye-catching.
4 cups oats
1 cup plain four
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup caster sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup freeze dried raspberries
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 200°C/Fan 180°C/gas 6. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Whisk the butter, vanilla essence and sugars together until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time.
- Add the flour, oats, baking soda, rapberries and white chocolate and mix until well blended.
- Using an ice cream scoop, put dollops of dough onto the baking trays leaving space in between. There should be around 20 cookies.
- Bake for 15 – 20 mins until golden.