I confess to having an addiction to anything with coconut in it. The smell of dried coconut is mesmerising and I often keep it in a jar, only to open the lid sometimes just to have a whiff of its gorgeous scent. I also love the naturally creamy texture of it when eaten fresh or as a milk, so I can’t help but become terribly excited when I get an opportunity to bake something with it.
Putting my obsession with coconut aside, this loaf is delicious served warm with some butter and honey.
90g melted unsalted butter
100g plain flour
200g coconut flour
100g dessicated coconut
2 tsp baking powder
120g caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
285ml whole milk
4 medium eggs
- Preheat oven 180°C/Fan 160°C/gas 4. Line 2 loaf tins with baking paper.
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Mix the milk, honey and vanilla extract and pour into the dry ingredients, stirring gently.
- Mix in 2 of the eggs, and then the rest of the milk mixture.
- Add the last 2 eggs, and the melted butter.
- Do not over mix the batter.
- Pour into the loaf tins and bake for 25 – 30 minutes.